New School Website and App
We are excited to share with you that we have launched our new school website, which you can see by going to www.weekeprimary.com. We will be continuing to develop the website to keep parents and carers abreast of important information, but also more relevant updates about what your child is learning throughout the day. As part of this upgrade, we now have a smartphone app to enhance communication with parents and carers, which is free to download and works on Apple and Android phones. We believe it is essential to work in partnership with parents and carers and part of this is achieved by ensuring that you receive clear, relevant and regular communications.
Benefits of the app for Parents and Carers.
- The app is secure; you set up a PIN/ Touch ID to access on your phone
- The app is powered by our new school website, which means that when you download it, you will have a single place to receive and access important messages along with calendar events, newsletters, latest news and all information pages within the school website.
- You no longer need to go searching for letters at the bottom of school bags or your email mailbox.
- Messages appear in your inbox in the condition that they left school; you will receive secure individual and group messages as well as whole school notices
- We can be certain that you have received the message
To set up the App
- You may receive a text message inviting you to set up the app from SchoolApp
- Download the app as a guest user by visiting your app store and searching for “TheSchoolApp”.
- You will need to enter your mobile number which you provided at registration to confirm identity
If the app does not give you permission, it is most likely that your mobile number has changed and you have not updated us. We will continue to use the existing email system over the next term to ensure messages are not missed and will let you know when we plan to switch it off.
I do not want to download the app or do not have a smart phone - we encourage you to download our new app, however, should you not wish to or you do not have a smart phone, communication will continue to be emailed via the new system.
Please feel free to contact the school office if you need to update your contact details, or if you would like further information about this service, please get in touch with myself.