Our school meals are provided by HC3S, to download your latest menu, please follow the links below.
- Children can either bring a packed lunch or have a hot school lunch, which costs £3.00 and is payable online: https://www.scopay.com/login.html
- School lunches must be paid for in advance
- We ask parents not to include nuts or sweets in lunchboxes as they are a choking hazard and pose potential serious risks to health
- Children are allowed to bring squash or juice in a bottle or carton but this can only be drunk at lunchtime (only plain water can be drunk in class)
- Please note that fizzy drinks, thermos flasks and glass bottles or containers of any kind are not allowed in school
Menus in other languages, information for parents and other food related information can be found on the Hampshire County Council Catering Services (HC3S) Primary School Menu web site. Food for Hampshire's school meals continues to be locally sourced wherever possible and Hampshire County Council is committed to the healthy agenda and to providing high quality food to Hampshire's children.
Free School Meals Eligibility
Free school meals are available only to children whose parents/guardians are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and have an annual gross income, of no more than £16,190
No other benefits qualify for free school meals.
Applying for free school meals
There is a new online service, where you can check your own eligibility for free school meals, or you can check on behalf of someone else.
To complete a check you will need the following information for yourself, or the person you are checking on behalf of:
- Name, home address and email address
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service reference number
- Child's name, date of birth and school
To check your eligibility online please click here.
With over 30 years of school catering experience, our successful ethos is to provide healthy, local, responsible sourced food that children love. Our tasty, freshly cooked, nutritious dishes help your children flourish and reach their potential. As part of a balanced diet, our lunches provide a third of a child’s daily calorie intake, to aid concentration levels and give them energy to focus and to play.
We know that providing award winning meals isn’t enough and so, at HC3S we go that step further, by helping schools and the wider community to encourage children, parents, carers to live healthy lifestyles and think sustainably.
That’s why both our ‘Ready Steady Cook’ and healthy eating/lunchbox sessions, the later in collaboration we Public Health England, are fun, engaging and available in your area. Our added value ‘Food to Flourish Classroom’ resources help teachers educate children in an innovative, food related fashion that cuts across the curriculum.
Where opportunity arise, and in a Covid safe environment, we bring live cooking and food related workshops to the classrooms. Sometimes, through partnerships with our suppliers and other local food organisations, outside of the classroom, creating sensory filled memorable experiences.
Celebrate with us throughout the academic year as we support, VegPower’s Eat Them To Defeat Them campaign encouraging children to eat more vegetables, Nutrition and Hydration Week and National School Meals Week; key events in the food and drink calendar which are lots of fun.
Want to know more about HC3S?
Click on this web link www.hants.gov.uk/hc3s
Follow and review us on www.facebook.com/hc3seducation
Follow and tweet us on www.twitter.com/HC3S6
Does your child need a medical special diet to eat lunch at school?
If so, you need to to register your child for a medical special diet.Once you have created your account, we will be able to review your medical evidence with our NHS dietician in order to devise an adapted menu for your child's school lunch. Living with allergies comes with its own set of rules so when it comes to food, as education caterers, we want to make this as easy as possible for you as a family. Our staff are trained in food safety and regularly update their skills on allergens. We never underestimate the dangers of food allergies and intolerances and that's why we work hard to get it right.
More details can be found Special diets | Hampshire County Council (hants.gov.uk)